Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Shakespeare for lunch

Heard someone talk about going for BA literature. Well, the someone is not battling paranoia of a midlife crisis but is a focussed young thing. But the choice of course caught my fancy. When it was my turn to choose a course, well, there was no choice really. (Or I was blind), The choices were - study and learn to chop your fellow beings or study and learn to make cool programs (hello world .. remember? That was the coolest one so far!)...

Of course the cool person that I am, chose the later and well, now I enjoy 'hello world' like hell.
( language.. language tsk tsk!). In fact I would say that was the trend with most focussed young things of my time ( I sound antique.. ).. But come to think of it, literature would have been a great option. Imagine reading Emma / Shakespeare for work ... Or participating in a discussion about the Renaissance with the students. Or research on what makes a hotshot writer tick....

Or would have been cribbing about empty pockets, lack of onsite. Or having to read the 16 century by product of a demented guys ramblings year after year. Or having to bear the short attention span of Gen Y..

Case of grass on the other side being greener.. Now back to Hello world ....


2 comments:

Akshay said...

hmmm, grass is definitely greener...or should i say, its all an illusion, there's no green and theres no grass...

Hazel said...

:)... didnt realise u had left a comment...and that comes was cynical... hows u ?