Saturday, August 28, 2021

Graves of the alive

A well meaning friend had suggested going back to blogging , because they are a friend and we had just spent a not so small sum on a month long writing course. While the course has been very good, the result has been  minimal so far, but this is going to be considered an attempt to pick up my pen again. 

That my friends is the beginning of the story, I have been looking at some of my old posts, the profile, basically reacclimatising to my own blog. The quest also took me the blogs of old friends and I found that almost all of them are now either completely wiped clean or abandoned. The last post on one of my favourite authors is from 9 years ago. Wonder where the urge to write went, perhaps shifted to shorter forms like the bird app or may be like me, the urge to write flew right out of the window. The reasons are plenty I suppose, the fear of putting out something that could get us 'cancelled', lack of time because life happened, or blogging as a fad faded into oblivion. I have had conversations with some of my friends who used to be prolific bloggers in the last decade about why they gave up writing and some of them have even  called out lack of an audience as a reason . I wonder if I can now cajole some of them back to becoming pen smiths. It will be worth a shot. Some company on these pages would be nice, you know! 

What ever contributed  to a decade long writers block, at least I am back , for now. Time to bring this grave back to life.

1 comment:

Jinguchakka said...

Feels good to write again 😃