Saturday, March 27, 2010

Stroll



Observations during my stroll yesterday:

* There was something wrong with the road. It sure looked like the skin of a newborn indicating a recent makeover, but the horns were insistent. More so than ever, I was walking at the edge of the road , but still, the horns had an angry ring to it. What am I doing wrong. After about 5 mins of ignoring it, I realized, that there was a shiny piece at the edge of the road which I have never seen before. But like me , everyone seemed oblivious to it. Not just me , even the dogs were walking alongside me on the road. Forgotten its name now, been a while since I seen or used one. Hmm.. what is it called? Aah yes, I think its a .. Footpath?

* A new vadapav cart near Laddoos. I was on my compensatory stroll, to make up for the one that I had missed in the morning. But then vadapav is not as plentiful in Bangalore as panipuri for example. And it was not a poor cousin of the real ones. All further walks would henceforth be planned along the same route. Losing weight needs tasty incentives.
* I am miffed. Got into a shop to make inquiries and the shopkeeper wouldn't look into my eyes while responding. Guess he could see a piece of heaven in the book he was pretending to read. Buddy , you need to attend a session on listening skills. And what is with the attitude? I am not a tax collector.

* Lots of Nariya l Paani guys and huge crowds around them.

Heat, people, crowds , horns, the noise, the elements of a very crowded city . But hey , I feel alive in the midst of all this. Alive .:)

4 comments:

Akshay said...

Nice everyday kinda post that reads like a page from a personal diary :)

Hazel said...

@A.. :)..yes.. getting back in to the groove.. or trying to ..

Pixie said...

nice to see you writing again! :)

Yes, the vada pav is deliciious! :D

Hazel said...

lol.. :D ... told ya pixie..