Thursday, May 27, 2010

Don Juan of Montreal


This is an old one..Never posted it. Its kinda funny. so here goes...

====

I am not sure I should be writing about him. After all I am still in touch with him. And I am sure I am going to read this to him. The 'him' I refer to here is a dear friend of mine . A friend, period. Incase anyone i wondering, if I am getting defensive, the answer is - No. Controversies are messy beings...

Now that we have that out of the way , lets get down to the crux of the tale. I have known him for a very long time, close to a decade perhaps. Younger than me by a few years. He used to live in the same time zone as me till a few years ago before he moved to Montreal, still on the right side of 25 and mirror cracking material. Of course the title of the blog would demand that from him. However, that is not the only reason for the tag, there was always something else...

Since the time I have known him, he has always got more than his share of female attention more than his share by a few miles. It is true, leaving loads of disgruntled uncles and bfs in his wake. I am sure their collective sigh of relief when he left India was the sole reason for good rains in the heart of our country that year.

But then as I have always said there was something else about him. He was not just a common eye candy. That would be insulting him. He had a knack of talking to wounded damsels and making them pour their hearts out.He had a gift of making them talk, just talk.Oh Boy! but those talks sometimes did bring out some stinky skeletons... :)

However, In the years that I have known him, I have never seen him getting shocked. No matter what comes out during these associations that he has. I am anyone else in his shoes would have had their jaws kissing the ground after hearing some of those confessions. Perhaps that was his biggest weapon or his biggest charm?

Accommodating to a fault. If I had to name one person totally devoid of expectaions it would be him..I am yet to understand how someone could be that accommodating. Heights of enlightenment or emotions running thin? Perhaps its an act. Who can say?

Then there was this genuine need to please everyone, a desire to bring a smile on the faces which has seen tissues and handkerchiefs far too many times, the willingness to spend time with the women who wanted some one to just listen. May be it always started like that but that was not how it ended every time, i am sure.

Almost every time the lady in question found that the don juan has charmed his way into her heart. Intentionally ? I am not sure. May be, it gives him a high to be able to do it consistently... May be not. May be its just misguided affection.

Everytime I hear from him, there is a new pet project which soon has him as a pet....:) Everytime I hear from him, I hear him donning the role of an agony aunt and the next time ofcourse I would have him wonder aloud as to why she has a fixation on him instead. I somehow feel its the story of the patient getting hooked to the shrink. Of course , I cant tell him that. My neck would then be in danger of being wringed. But the point here is he does spread a lot of joy around.

Hmm, I know a lot of em would look back and smile when they think about him an adorable lil puppy is what he is... but then careful dear friend. Didn't somebody tell me the other day that Cassanova was lynched to death.
So long Don Huan of Montreal...



3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.