Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Yeh Bhi Hain India


Back from a trip back home and its been a happening weekend!

As usual amma had news about everyone I knew and this time news was zara hatke... Turns out
that my lady driving tutor ( out of the several tutors that I have had... That would form a different blog all together and now back to my lady tutor) she has eloped to Mumbai. Now you would ask whats great about that... The twist in this tale is that she has eloped with another girl.. and a small town in Kerala is abuzz with the news.. Now I kinda knew her inclination towards girls... Not what you think.. Just that she had too many questions about UK's gay culture. Now, surprises do not stop there . After telling me the news , amma wanted to talk about homosexuality. Well, dad staged a walk out, immediately. And I followed him, promptly . I am all for gay rights, but talking about homosexuality or sexuality in general with parents is not a very gay thought...Yeah go right ahead and call me a prude!

And while I am still on the Kerala trip, on the way back, an American sat beside me in the bus. A girl from California who is in India to learn about ayurveda! And her specialization - natural childbirth, at home. I was surprised, I mentioned that in India , atleast among the educated lot, the trend of giving birth at home has gone. Personally its unthinkable, unless I am marooned on some island. Her reply was that, while you guys chase 'technology' we are going back to the olden ways. You are teaching kids to eat cornflakes , while we are learning to eat idli! Yes , idli! The crazy one has a totally unplanned trip, visiting one guru after another as and when she hears about them and all this alone! When I said Americans are adventurous, her reply was ... 'or Stupid!' .. :) I have to say she is my inspiration to plan a trip to the north.. Lets see about that one...

And a pic from my trip..This one is Athirapilly...

6 comments:

Sanjana said...

India is coming out the closet madam. I am sure there will be more such news to come in the future. But What I want to see is how much have u been really inspired by the Adventurous American.

Hazel said...

True ... and abt that trip ... I am sure ... :)

Scorpio said...

PRUDE!!! ;)

Hazel said...

Meanie!! :P

jaacostan said...

inspiration for the north trip?? how??
see,nobody is goin bak to the olden ways/days...they all r just saying,or just for a change they will practice that kinda smthing... its like some trends !!! just for a period ,or for some publicity !!!
they just need a change !!!!

and one more thing,this one(foto) is not athirappilly(pronounce as athirappally...)
this is Vaazhachaal.. a place near to athirappally,

aathirappally is a waterfall..one of the protected natural reserved areas...

Hazel said...

:)... yeah my bad.. seen athiirapally, vazhachar and thumbur muzhi on the same day . So mixed it up..!!!