Thursday, April 22, 2010

Yap yap yap...:)

I have not stepped out of the boundaries of propriety in any of my posts so far. But this one , tests it just a wee bit ... :) . But its something that has been swirling in my mind for a while. I tried sleeping on it for a few days ( no pun intended). But the story just wouldn't go away. So here goes.

Sajan looked down at the girl in his arms and smiled. She continued chattering about her day while his mind chattered about the days gone by . This bubbly girl had always taken the first step. She had walked up to him one day and said 'Hi' followed by a 'Coffee?' and just like that , they had become friends, despite the age difference or because of it. She was still in college when they had first met and he was already a manager at a MNC. He had no doubts that she would follow his footsteps into the IT industry.

He loved listening to her. About her day at college, her worries before the exams, the hunks at college , the latest movies, feminism even Mao was not spared. She had dragged him to college on the day of the results. He had been hugged fiercely , the day she cam running out after her first job interview. The first job and she was floating on a tiny cloud. She had so many questions that day - would they like me , am I too emotional, how do I succeed, would I make friends and many more. He had answered all of them , patiently and then she had hugged him again. And he had let emotions be his guide that day.

And he was lost. Her eyes, her hair, her endearing lisp. He was lost over and over again.

That was a few months ago. Something about a guy's name brought him back to Ammu's present. She was talking about a guy .. 'Oh I love him...he does not know yet... Oh Sajjan, you have to tell me .. How do I tell him ?..' He looked down at Ammu, the beautiful Ammu in his arms. She looked at him and tugged his cheek .. Tell me , how do I tell him ?.

A tear rolled down his cheek, unnoticed ... while she continued chattering...

P.S... :)... ok Am out of the mush mode now...





No comments: