Monday, July 05, 2010

Dark thoughts

I had known that this was coming. A woman's instinct, perhaps, or just plain common sense. It could also be due to the fact that I know her well. Not the best of friends but have got used to having her around. She has watched me walk through my personal thorns. She has also been friendly enough to not ask but just be around. I am grateful to that. I will always be.

Now when I watch her walk towards disaster. I can only close my eyes and pray. I have been praying that it wouldn't come to this. I can only watch. I am no coward, but these demons are yours to fight,to vanquish. These do not die after death. They come back to haunt you for a long time. I so wish you didn't have to face them at all. I wish I could ask her to turn back while there is still time.

But I cannot. This is some thing you have to do on your own. My loyalties lay on your side. But I hope you understand I can only lean back and watch you jump into a endless dark hole.

Hmm.. Another dark blog..... Cant help it.






1 comment:

Scorpio said...

You are absolutely right about leaning back - in these sort of circumstances it is for each person to fight their own battle(s). The only thing you can do as a loyal friend is to throw a rope into the dark deep hole and stick around after the battle is over hoping your friend will grab it someday and climb out of the hole with some pull from your end.