Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Shukraan Allah

hmm..

Shukraan Allah Wallah Alham Dulilah ...

Lovely song ...but what caught my eye.. or in this case my ear ..
was just the first line...

Big Bro Google tells me .. this is arabic and a rough
transalation is ... 'Thank god.. All praises belong to God'

Which got me wondering about a Sanskrit translation to it ...

Which is no easy task...
Its easier to get a translation from Arabic than Sanskrit!!!

But the search finally yeilded results ..

The translation is ...

Had typed that before I could even find the answer... I will leave the story hanging there... Given up after an hours search... Sleepy as hell... and God in heaven u could have helped me praise you in Sanskrit .. :)

And btw .. I shudder to transalate the rest of the song...
Its just a raunchy serenade .. :) Not sure if He felt too 'praised' with the rest....

4 comments:

Pixie said...

ROTFL!!

yea?
which movie song is this? ;)

Hazel said...

Kurbaan... :)...even got it as my ring tone... wonder wat the dancing deity that forms my last name haas to say about my mobile spouting 'shukraan Allah' every now and then!

ET said...

Aha! looks like my passive proselytizing is working!!! ;)

Hazel said...

uff.. ET ... I need to google again now..