Sunday, February 21, 2010

This child dreads fire!

Still struggling.

I am worried. Really really worried. I haven't been so worried for someone else in a while. The story sessions as mentioned in my previous post continues and she seems to have made up her mind. There is nothing more I can do .

I can only sit back and watch the drama unfold. This reminds me of a Diwali a long long time ago.

There was this big group of kids in the society who used to light firecrackers together. And well, all of us used to get a kick out of lighting it in our hands and throwing it away seconds before the explosion. The kid in the group would ape the 'elders' and well she was flirting with danger. Her father was watching the game and he did come down to chat with his princess - nicely and politely, not the 'do it again and all your crackers get thrown out of the window'. But well as expected, the kid continued the game till she burnt her fingers . And daddy was there to hug her and surprisingly, to encourage her to light up a few more crackers, from a distance of a few feet though!

And btw my friend was part of the group. I hope she remembers this one and no, I am not going to play the Agony aunt this time.

Time I got another title!

2 comments:

Akshay said...

I say - tell it like it is.
Nothing hurts more than being told that you are being stupid.
If you consider yourself to be a true friend, do what you can.

Hazel said...

Yeah .. I guess I should.. Sigh...I will..