Saturday, February 20, 2010

Judge me not


Hm... I consider myself to be very open minded. It takes a lot to shock me. For me , what people do is not really my business. Live and let live and thank god I live in a free country ( or so the constitution says).

But the last few days , I have been struggling. This has to do with the fact that the characters involved are close and old friends. Not really the 'others' category. So while my friend pushes the boundaries of morality and common sense and at the same time pushes me into a very uncomfortable position by regaling her tales and perhaps seeking understanding or wanting me to wave the green flag vigorously, I struggle to keep my lips zipped.

It is not my business I tell myself, the right hand patting my heart saying 'All izz well'. I struggle.May be I should tell her what I really think or I should just avoid the talk all together or I can think of pink umbrellas and flying pigs whenever the topic raises its foul head.

Now that is a plan ..

Ugh!

4 comments:

Scorpio said...

Does this help? -
"It takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to your enemies...but a great deal more to stand up to your friends...I award ten points to Neville Longbottom." ;)

So the question is...Are you brave/ready enough to face the consequent awkwardness/bitterness and earn those 10 points like Neville did?

Hazel said...

Hmm... I think you can award me 5 points... I took the coward's way out and talked to her ...about an imaginary 3rd person ... :)... I think I have done my duty .. the rest is up to the person!

Scorpio said...

Hmmm.. but in the true spirit of continuing to give you a hard time...I have to remind you of a couple of sentences from an earlier post of yours - >> Its not intentional. I am going through a '3rd person' phase...

What gives? ;)

PS: I have asked for Z category security for my neck! ;)

Hazel said...

:D... I am not that crazy, yet ...