Thursday, February 18, 2010

Slow

The day was slow. And no you would not hear me whining about it. I watched the day go by. In slow motion though . Unlike those songs where the protagonist is standing still where as the world around him whirls past him a 100 miles per hour..One of those days where the mind was not circling around people, work, money, tax, the boss, friends , - just pleasantly empty. Its almost like I am seeing it all for the first time. There is no anxiety though, curiosity perhaps. Wonder if this is what a baby feels - while sitting on a mat on the floor, watching the others walking around with a purpose, or without ?

Its not intentional. I am going through a '3rd person' phase. I am not really involved with anything that seems to be happening around me, just an outsider taking notes.

Weird... hmm





5 comments:

Sanjana said...

*same pinch* my day was almost exactly like that yesterday. No work, no mood to read (hard to believe but there u r!) but still sitting at work staring blankly at the screen, chatting with friends...

Scorpio said...

>>Its not intentional. I am going through a '3rd person' phase. I am not really involved with anything that seems to be happening around me, just an outsider taking notes.

Good one! There is actually a reference to this sort of behavior in the book "Foucault's Pendulum" by Umberto Eco. Crap! I do not have the book with me. Let me google for the exact words...

Hazel said...

@Sanjana : Well, the best part was I was not feeling guilty about 'wasting time', ( not 'was' - I am still going thru the phase). I feel like this is all leading upto something . Some undefinable something. Hmm..

@ET : still waiting !

Sanjana said...

Since my favourite thing to do is waste time, I never feel guilty about it. :-D . So did u find where it all led to?

Hazel said...

Nah... the phase continues.. .:D ...