Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Adam at work

The new year has started with a bang, my ears are still ringing from it! And an interesting question from a friend of mine today - how do you handle men at work.. Although cloaked in innocence , the question was tricky.

Hmm. I gave a lame reply - that I treat them the way I treat a woman . But honestly speaking , I am still thinking about the answer. Never really thought about it that way. Well, we treat people differently , but not necessarily depending on the gender, especially in a formal setting like a work place. Atleast, I would like to believe its that way.

But then as I said , the question was not that easy . I guess it was about how I handle a guy who is being difficult . If its worth the effort perhaps I would meet him half way. A smile and giving someone their due respect usually helps in building a rapport. But if he is a bundle of grump just for heck of it, ignoring him is the way I would choose. Again all this would depend on the person involved too . Age, level in the hierarchy, his background, temperament etc would dictate my response.

But then its the way we treat any person who is being difficult , why just men ? Wonder what prompted the question in the first place ..Hmm..


No comments: