Sunday, January 03, 2010

All the best..


That was a text from a colleague who was moving on to another city , to 'greener pastures'. Lets call him 'S' - a REC grad, a great sense of humour (most of the time it was unintentional), a very very modest geek. I have been his mentor as part of my last assignment and it was a laugh riot for about a couple of years. The way he landed in my team itself forms an interesting story.

This guy sounds gruff on the phone and when he joined the team some of us were at the client location. And well, the 'hello' sounded more like 'yeah, don't waste my time'. And my good friend K at onsite lost his cool one day and the manager had to step in and take S out of his team and into mine. Yes, I would admit, I did want to wring my friend's neck that day . The manager's neck would have been a bonus. But the modest geek has saved many a day for me ... so no complaints..

But hey am not going to talk about work.. S has lots of stories . My favourite is the one about his various accidents. 3 accidents - One when a stray donkey was found waltzing on the road, two - and then it was a dogs turn to break into a little jig and wait .. the best is yet to come. His third hit was a pig and not just any pig it was oscillating' pig .. whatever that means. In his own words - ' it was 6 in the morning and I was flying thru the empty roads and suddenly there is an oscillating pig on the road. and wham!' This time it was S who was flying through the air - minus his bike. There were about 20 people rolling on the floor that day. Well, its made S a legend. Most of my friends know S as the oscillating pig man.. :)

There is another story that a lot of us are fond of. S was driving ( again but the wild life on the road was safe this time). It was the turn of his pillion driver to be part of the drama. Now this friend was under the influence of .. err . something. Now this funny guy suddenly said to 'S' I want to jump and S being S said .. jump, All this with the bike going well over the speed limit. And yes, the friend jumped! Rolled on the road laughing - the laugh lasted only for a few seconds though, before the effects of a broken limb kicked in.

There are many many such stories, remind me to tell you more when you meet me next time.

When I had started writing this post, I was a little emotional , but hey I am glad to have known him,.. :) My turn to say .. All the best!!! Would miss you!

P.S : Yesterday's date was interesting too.. :) 02/01/2010

2 comments:

Pixie said...

ROTFL!
He was a good guy... a weirdo, but a good guy! :D

I loved the story of the "jump"!!
And the pig was hilarious as always!! :D

Hazel said...

:D ... yeah funny guy.. was part of our UNO gang as well.. :)