Thursday, January 14, 2010

Rancho

Yes , I have watched 3 Idiots and I would be the 4th idiot if I went ahead and tried to pick faults with the movie. That is not my intention, there are other qualified people( who incidentally also get paid for it!) who have written enough and more about it. But I would say, I enjoyed the movie. (the reunion scene - Would visit that place someday - has potential to be a great profile pic! :-) )

But the title of this post, the protagonist of the movie - Rancho is fascinating. Someone whose presence expanded the world of the people around him, - expanded , enhanced, improved - take your pick. Was thinking if I have had any Rancho in my life . Is there one person who barged into my orbit and kicked it neatly into a new course ? Yes and more than one !

P - who lived the mantra - Smile and the world smiles with you. (Well, she has a beautiful smile. The XY population was always ready to exercise those cheek muscles for her even if she wasn't! . :) ) I still fail to understand how she could smile while battling so many personal demons.. Hats off Lady!

Mrs B - A Buddhist who had crossed over from east Bengal in '47, she would sound divine while reciting poems . I used to look forward to my weekly Bengali classes at Mrs B's home. And that was not all, she could sing , she would write stories , paint .. She was an artist. Well, I cannot say I have imbibed any of her talents, just that her memory gives me peace. Its almost like thinking about a still lake... She taught me to think about a world outside books.. :)

SC - Toughened me up for the corporate life even before I entered the jungle. The stories that he used to tell me used to keep me entertained and in a way prepared me for what was to come

And Vily Aunty - Cant forget her in any of my posts can I ? Why my fav aunt .. Where else could I learn how to walk on burning coal. :)

There are a few others Ranchos too. :) But I should stop before this post starts sounding like an acceptance speech at Oscars *wink*
P.S ..While on the topic of movies, did anyone listen to the song , 'Dil to bachcha hai ji' .. Lovely song!




1 comment:

Akshay said...

Hey nice thought, got me thinking about my Rancho's... :)