Saturday, January 09, 2010

Back to the Cradle

No, its not what you think. Its me who has jumped right back into a cradle. Yes back home on a mini vacation and enjoying being an only child. (I had almost typed - ' being the centre of attention'. ) Enjoying the things that has not changed -
1) Pa waiting at the station to pick me up. (yes, every single time! )
2) Pa reaching 30 minutes before time and calling every 5 minutes to make sure the bus has not taken a wrong turn.
3) Ma cooking while I enter the house and the house itself smelling of Sambhar.
4) The cats crowding ma's feet as soon as she steps out of the kitchen into the backyard. (The number of cats in the compound has increased to 5 this time!).
5) A new jar of pickle in the fridge . (pickles -> amma's speciality).
6) Gossip time after lunch/ dinner and amma sleeping halfway thru the conversation. ( This has been happening for as long as I can remember ).
7) Obligatory visit to Villy aunty's place ( and the scowl that clings to my face for the rest of the evening, but its become a habit now, the only necessary evil in this list).
8) The temple visits and the numerous archanas, aradhanas and pujas. ( my reaction to this one has changed over the years)
9) Hours of silence with pa and me reading with ma's comments offering thebackground music. (ma is the only talker in the familiy).
So here I am, leaving the tag of being an 'adult' and enjoying some moments of 'cradle' time ..
Nite

4 comments:

Pixie said...

Awww...
Hugs!

Glad to know you are having fun!

What did Villy aunty do now?!! :D :D

Hazel said...

umm..its like attending an interview... the only difference is .. she wud list out my stengths and weaknesses... n i do not even need to ask :D

Akshay said...

Hey A-M-A-Z-E-E-E-E-I-N-G post. Totally what happens to me when i go(streak/scamper/blaze/run etc.) home. Totally A kid is what i become...
Awesome post again...

Hazel said...

Hey .. Thanks Akshay .. :) ...
Now counting the days to the next trip ... hehe:)