Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Creativity on Crutches


I cannot sing nor can I dance. I cannot draw a straight line even if my life is on the line. So any art performed on an easel, wood, glass, roads, clay , beach, (did I miss anything?) all of them goes right out of the the big fat window near me. So what do I do , I write about what I wish I could do. Yeah, I am leaning towards the grouch couch today :)

And before I get cozy there, my thoughts for the day. How many of us actually get the chance to be creative at work. I am not referring to the painters or musicians who had spare brownie points carried forward from ir previous lives. I am talking about the ones like me who stare at the the monitor the whole day and some more during the night. In theory, creativity can be deployed ( Java ?!!God I need sleep!!!) in practically everything we do .

Theoretically . Yes, the first time we try something , perhaps we think of new ways to do it, there is that positive energy that propels us towards something interesting. Perhaps even the second and third time, but after that what do I do with all my pent up creative urges ? Search for a new assignment, new things to learn , or a new job ? (By the way, that was sarcasm, my ego is still a midget..:)) . But on a serious note, I am thinking about what others do to chase the boredom away out of working life. Some people would say that , the day goes by too quickly
to think about creativity , some keep hunting for that elusive change, some of course do not
really worry about it as long as they get to see home as early as possible. I do envy the last kind.

Again, its just boredom, not really frustration... Any ideas , anyone?

And now back to my grouch couch .. :)

6 comments:

Scorpio said...

ET here...

Well I consider writing to be in the same grouping as creative art. So I guess you are doing just fine!

Btw, I finally decided to give my whacky crazy ideas a face on the web...check it out and keep coming back if its to your liking...
http://newsorisit.blogspot.com/

And Hazel, Thanks for the ad space!!! ;)

Hazel said...

Totally Shameless!!!!
"£"£$"£$"£$% <<< unprintable stuff!

Pixie said...

ugh!
WTF is this about?!!

I loved the cartoon though! ;)

Hazel said...

:D ... what?.. what was so difficult about it ? I am just plain bored... sigh!

Sanjana said...

I am the kind you envy. I dont worry too much creativity at work, have better places and things to be creative about :-)

Hazel said...

HAppy for u .. :)