Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Creativity - Yet again!


Since I had wasted ink on ranting about lack of creativity .. or scope for it at work , putting up this one ( feeling of guilt is a great motivator!) as part 2. You would remember that I was going for a session on creativity today . And?

It was interesting. Lots of food for thought was passed around during the course of the day. Wouldn't run through the session here but just a couple of things, since I think it has had a deep impact on me . For example, generally when someone describes a problem, the first instinct is to come up with 'A' solution and then refine it , re refine it and finally present it .. Now one of the creativity tools discussed during the session talked about coming up with 100 solutions. Cant? Force yourself. What happens is , after say the 20h solution, we start tapping into those that have never been explored before. Its one of those small things that could make a lot of difference in the end.

Ok, another one, want to make the one I that have just described a little more interesting, pick one word from the dictionary. Say 'pig'. Now write as many attributes of the animal as you can ( smelly, cute, fat, cute tail,). Now try to tie the attribute to the solution of your problem. Sounds silly, I agree, but its actually a very interesting way of coming up problem busters. It may not be much of a solution producer in itself, just that it gets the creative juices flowing and its so much fun!

Hmm... Bless the place where I work... :)

P.S : Thats a Chrismasy me in my creative hat...thank you Google.

3 comments:

Pixie said...

Hmm... Very interesting! :)

Merry Christmas! :)

Hazel said...

Thanks .. you too.. :)

Sanjana said...

While the first point is really interesting and thought provoking, I cant relate to the next one. :-(

Dya celebrate Christmas? Have a good one!!! :-)