Saturday, December 26, 2009

Help me not...

It's been an interesting couple of weeks. A friend of mine, an acquaintance (Z), has been helping me out on something that has been giving me a lot of heartache for sometime now.

What is interesting is not that there was an extra large pit in my path but that , Z has been hand holding me out of it. The first time, I considered it to be fluke , the second time just that he is a nice human being, but the third time , I started questioning his sanity.Hmm its left me thinking , during the course of my adult life , have I become so jaded that I am unable to accept an act of humanity for what it is ?

Most of us have no such problem at 5 when the girl with pony tail who sits beside you offers to help you out with a complicated spelling or at 19 the guy in your class offers to ride with you the first day you take your scooter to college .

As part of earning the 'adult' tag, we learn to be less trusting, to watch out for the wolves and yes we do become quite adept at it. Most of us are good judges of character. I am not denying the necessity of being careful. All I am worried about is that in the process of being careful, we probably have stopped appreciating the essence of being human.. :)

Its' a dangerous thought, tomorrow when I see a flower in my garden , I would probably want to question the Creator's intentions .. :)



3 comments:

Sanjana said...

Its an unfortunate byproduct of adulthood, that experience (actual and vicarious) teaches us to be cynical and always suspicious of the helping hand.

Pixie said...

yea.. sometimes too much of cynicism makes sure we don't enjoy each moment for what it is supposed to be!
And adulthood also brings the challenge of making sure things are kept simple!

Hazel said...

hmm..infact I am more worried when things are simple or appear simple.. almost like there has to be a hidden thorn... .. this little red riding hood is paranoid.. :D