Sunday, December 13, 2009

Sting

Whenever scrapbooks made rounds around the classroom, one question that
inevitably came up after reading my entry under sun sign was 'Scorpio! ouch you sting?'

Well, people sting each other all the time, nothing new about it. Infact my Villy aunty would not even spare the unsuspecting strangers on the road.

A few decades ago, when my ancestral home was still standing, one of my aunts had a dog. With uncle away and the house being inhabited by 3 women and as many ghosts ,a dog was a sensible choice. Now, this one was a monster. I love dogs , loved this one too but it does not change anything. I repeat- this one was a monster. It snarls , growls and would bite everyone in sight. Tommy,just didn't keep the thieves at bay, even the village postman was petrified. The letters would arrive by airmail - stand 20 feet away from the gate and shoot. Well, Tommy did pay for his sins and met his end before he reached old age. Someone poisoned him. Now the reason I am talking about Tommy is, I have a feeling ,Villy aunty would meet a similar end if she doesn't put a lid on her sarcastic instincts..

I can see my father's disapproving stare at the last statement and my mother's smirk..:)

Like I said at the beginning, this post is about the sting and Villy Aunty stings the best.

Why? because as Edward Cullens would say, blood, any blood is like a drug to her. And how do people handle it ? Like the village postman, most people just look for the nearest exits when they see her.

My mother has perfected another technique over the last few decades. Catch hold of the nearest aunt and talk about abhishekhams , homams, deeparadhana, latest CDs of devotional songs, temples , practically anything about GOD. That is one topic that Aunt villy keeps out of. I have my suspicions that amma even says a little prayer when she sees Aunt V coming. The uninitiated are usually reduced to tears .. literally. Pa of course belongs to the land of the brave. I have seen a few war wounds but usually he emerges the victor .. As for yours truly, I have learnt that there is not better way to handle bullies than to ignore them.

And in case anyone wants to know if I sting , well I am an aberration in the Scorpio land - a harmless pup.. :) ET of course is another story..:-)

9 comments:

ET said...

You just made my "list"...Be afraid!!! Be very afraid!!!...

PS: Disclaimer: Just Kidding!

PPS: Or am I??? ;)

Hazel said...

:D hehe ..dont they have a theory that ... when one of the twins is hurt .. the other feels the pain too ? :P

EFT said...

doesn't work for fraternal twins!!! ;)

Hazel said...

your loss. you lose your listening board.. :D

ET said...

ET: btw what is a listening board???
ET: did u mean "listening post"???
Hazel: yeha i guess
ET: LOL
ET: ROTFL
Hazel: hehe
Hazel: look at taht
ET: I left the typos for authenticity ;)
ET: Do you smell that?
Hazel: What?
ET: The sweet smell of my victory!!! ;)

Hazel said...

Gosh!n here I was telling my friend about people saving conversations.

You play dirty ET ...hmmm..You will pay for this! :P

ET said...

ah! u wanna hurt me?!?!? looks like the scorpio in u wants to sting! so! u r not an aberration in scorpio-land anymore!!! Welcome to the Club!!! :)

Hazel said...

lol... I have never won an argument with you!!!!! OK OK . you win!... lol .. :-))

Pixie said...

LOL!!

I agree.. bullies need to be ignored.
I did that too!! :D :D