Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Poinsettia


I love poinsettia. It's made me rich. For the last couple of weeks I have also been sharing the spoils with all my dear friends and the best part - it takes just a day to bloom. My life has undergone a major makeover since the time I discovered the flower. I have managed to buy a new house - a cottage no less, a small pond right in the middle of the designer garden, a tractor and a seeder.
Yes , I do love poinsettia.

I can see a few smiles from fellow farmers.If you are wondering whether I am sleep blogging, then let me explain, I am talking about the game Farmville on Facebook. Where you earn points by sowing seeds that you buy from the market, sow , wait for a day or two and then harvest them. The time that you spend watching them grow is determined by the seed that you buy. There are ways to get bonus points - buy cattle , grow trees, get chicken, help other farmers, adding more neighbours so on and so forth. Just checked my friends list and found that about one third of my friends are addicted to the game, the age group being from 22 to 45. It has become such an integral part of our lives that the lunch table talk revolves around , date trees, black sheep, lost reindeer and carnival tents . ( I have never seen any of those for real!).

In fact its now getting into the land of crazy, last weekend a friend of a friend had to run back home after lunch and why ? Because it was time to harvest! . Another one had a sleepless night thanks to a faulty net connection . (Well, the crops wither if they are not harvested on time )

But no , as usual, there were some party poopers, walking around with their nose up in the air claiming to be above these childish activities. But the last time I checked, one of them was found begging for a 'white fence'!!!! (Wonder what happened to the anti Farmville groups they are members of . I am serious , there are such groups).

So any thoughts on why the game is so addictive ?

And by the way , has this managed to convert any of the innocents?
I do need more neighbours to buy a plantation ..:-)

11 comments:

ET said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Hazel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Akshay said...

You are a rapid blogger!!
And yeah, i am one of those with their noses up in the air. I spend, well, 10 mins max. on FB and log off.

Now thats some fodder for you :D

Hazel said...

:).. in the danger of becoming another addiction...

and about Farmville.. thought so.. :P... u get one more adjective now btw .. :P

Pixie said...

I don't play that game!
It's too damn addictive!
I did start off and stopped seeing that I might become addicted to it! ;)

Sanjana said...

I am one of the nose in the air ppl too. I hardly login to FB, I am sure I still have some friend's request waiting too. Lazzzy. But I added my self to this game, before I knew what it was. Haven't done one bit since though :-)

Hazel said...

@ Pixie: Atleast I have u in my neighbour list..:P
@Sanju: I trust my powers of persuation enough to know that i can get u converted .. :P

Anonymous said...

I was quite addicted to farmville,now trying hard to stop the addiction.It's been more than 2days i didnt play and already feeling that i didn't play since ages.

Hoped here from pixie.

Hazel said...

@varunavisworld - thanks for visiting ..:)... hehe is it like the smokers promise or are you giong to stay away from the game ?.. :) ..btw am staying away for 3 days too... I have sown potatoes this time .. :D

Saritha said...

@Hazel it was a smokers promise,today i played.

Hazel said...

:)... me too .. ;)